Following guidance from federal, state and local officials, we have charged various planning groups in pioneering a path forward — prioritizing the health and safety of our students, employees and community.
Below highlights some of what UCF, FIEA, the faculty and staff have adjusted to accommodate.
In the fall, the Cohort 17 students will:
- Have their own laptop with all the necessary software for their discipline
- Have their own workstation for the entire semester (no other student) socially distanced
- Be provided thermometer, hand sanitizer, face coverings by UCF. How to get a UCF face covering.
- Have hand sanitizing dispensers at certain door locations
Faculty will be providing:
- Lectures in-person and via zoom that best accommodates the student and faculty preferences
- 1-on-1 sessions in-person or via zoom where it best accommodates the student and faculty
- Breaking down workshops to smaller groups for social distancing
- Remote curriculum after November 30 (Thanksgiving Holiday) until the end of the semester
Student will be required to:
- Take whatever training (typically 15-20 min of videos) necessary for Return to Campus or the labs (mocap, audio)
- Wear protective face coverings (can bring own) when inside with others and outside where social distancing is not feasible
- Social distance at least 6 feet indoors
- Self-Check each day through the UCF Mobile app
FIEA has a lot of space and we expect to socially distance the groups to accommodate the local, state and university regulations and effectively take advantage of the collaborative team environments. The equipment and tools provided to faculty and students should allow for students to receive content via in-person, online at their workstation or online at home/other locations.